Monday, August 8, 2022

Still We Rise എന്ന Unit മായി ബന്ധപ്പെട്ട കൂടുതല്‍ വിവരങ്ങള്‍ (Class 6)

Woman Work

1.    Read the following poem and answer the questions that follow.
    Shine on me, sunshine
    Rain on me, rain.
    Fall softly, dewdrops
    And cool my brow again.
    Storm, blow me from here
    With your fiercest wind
    Let me float across the sky,
    Till I can rest again.
a)    What does the poet ask the dewdrops to do?
b)    Pick out a pair of rhyming words.
c)    ‘Till I can rest again’. Who is the ‘I’ referred  to here?
d)    Where does the poet want to float?
Answers:
a)    To create a cooling effect on her brow.
b)    rain - again
c)    A woman, the speaker of the poem.
d)    Across the sky.

2.    a) Write a message to your mother in connection with ‘Mother’s Day’.
Message
Dear Mom,                                8 May 2022

May I extend to you, dearest Mom, all my good wishes on this great day. I can sincerely say that  what I am now is only because of you. You are the one who has been taking care of me even before I was born. For me  you are the synonym of love, care and sacrifice. You are the most precious gift God has given me. I love you Mom.
Vidya

b)    Design an invitation card for ‘Mother’s Day’.
    (Include the details like whom you want to invite, where the venue is, when it will be conducted etc.)
Answer:
Mother’s Day Celebration

                                             Place: Ernakulam
                                             Date: 5 May 2022
We propose to celebrate Mother’s Day this year. Our M.L.A,
Ms.Leelavathi has agreed to preside over the function.
Venue: Rose Villa
              River Valley
              Ernakulam

The programme begins at 4 p.m.
on 8 May 2022. I invite you to join us
 for the celebration.

Sd/-      
Abel
Secretary
Reception Committee

Cinderella
3.    Read the passage. There are some errors in it which are underlined. Edit and rewrite the passage.
    The fairy touch Cinderella in her magic wand. Her rags changed into betiful clothes on silk and gold. There were
diamonds in her hair, and she wore two pretty glass shoe.
Answers: touched, with, beautiful, of, shoes

1 comment: