Wednesday, December 4, 2019

The Danger of a Single Story എന്ന പാഠത്തിലെ കൂടുതല്‍ ചോദ്യങ്ങളും ഉത്തരങ്ങളും (Class 10)

1. Read the following passage and answer the questions given below:
I come from a conventional, middle-class Nigerian family. My father was a professor. My mother was an administrator. And so we had, as was the norm, live-in domestic help, who would often come from nearby rural villages. So, the year I turned eight, we got a new houseboy. His name was Fide. The only thing my mother told us about him was that his family was very poor. My mother sent yams and rice and our old clothes to his family. And when I didn’t finish my dinner, my mother would say, ‘Finish your food! Don’t you know? People like Fide’s family have nothing.’ So I felt enormous pity for Fide’s family.
1. Describe Adichie’s family.
2. What was the single story she heard about Fide?
3. Why did Adichie feel pity for Fide’s family?
4. My father was a professor. My mother was an administrator. Combine these two sentences using ‘and’.
Answers: 
1. Conventional Nigerian family. Her father was a professor and mother was an administrator.
2. Fide was very poor.
3. She believed that they were very poor and had nothing even to eat.
4. My father was a professor and my mother was an administrator.

No comments:

Post a Comment