Thursday, August 1, 2019

My Sister's Shoes (Screenplay) എന്ന പാഠത്തിലെ കൂടുതല്‍ ചോദ്യങ്ങളും ഉത്തരങ്ങളും (Class 10)

1) After watching the film, ‘Children of Heaven’, Rahul, a 10 standard student decides to write a letter to Majid Majidi enquiring about the inspiration behind his films and current film projects. Prepare the likely letter.
Rahul K
Class X
    ---- School
          ----Place
        02-07-2018
      Dear Majidi sir,
      I have watched a few films directed by you. Following it I made enquiries about the films you have made. What I understand is that your films have one unique popularity.
Would you be kind enough to let me know the inspiration behind your films. I would also 
request you to be good enough to let me know about your current film projects.
May I hope you won’t mind spending some of your valuable time to quench my curiosity.
Yours sincerely,
Sd/-
Rahul.
2) Read the passage from the screenplay My Sister’s Shoes and answer the questions that follow:
A small group of men are waiting in a queue outside the bakery to buy nan. The outline of buildings in the street is seen in the distance. Ali is seen coming out from the bakery into the footpath, the parcel of nan in his right hand and the parcel of shoes in his left. He crosses the pavement and walks into a vegetable store. He places the bundle of nan on top of a pile of boxes of vegetables stacked in front of the shop and the bag of shoes in the small gap between two boxes.
On the soundtrack a hawker’s voice is heard: ‘Salt, salt for trade.’ The shopkeeper  is seen standing behind the counter.
Ali (to the shopkeeper): Assalamu Alaikkum, Akbar Aqa, I need some potatoes.
Akbar, the shopkeeper gives Ali a small black bag to put potatoes in. Ali starts picking the large, wholesome potatoes in a box at the top of the heap.
Akbar: Not those, kid. Pick  some down there.
Ali moves to his right, squats down and fills the bag with smaller potatoes from a box on the floor. Close up of Ali picking the potatoes.
1) Where does the scene take place?
2) What can one see when the scene begins?
3) Where did Ali keep the bundle of nan?
4) What did Ali ask Akbar, the shopkeeper?
5) What did Akbar tell him when he picked up large potatoes?
6) Pick out a word from the above excerpt that means ‘to arrange in an ordered pile.’
Answer: 
1) The footpath outside the bakery and the 
vegetable store.
2) A small group of men waiting in a queue outside the bakery to buy  nan.
3) Ali placed it on top of a pile of boxes of vegetables stacked in front of the shop.
4) Ali asked for some potatoes.
5) Akbar told him not to take the big ones but pick potatoes from those kept down.
6) Stack.
3. ‘Zahra, if you tell dad, he’ll beat both of us. Because he doesn’t have money to buy you a pair of shoes’- Do you think Ali’s 
family is poor? Describe the condition of Ali’s family on the basis of your reading of the 
screenplay ‘My Sister’s Shoes’. 
(Hints: father- works at home- no permanent job- mother- not well -condition of the house- life of children)
Ali and Zahra were two poor school children. Their mother was ill. The father’s earnings were very little. Ali got Zahra’s shoes 
repaired. But he lost it at the greengrocer’s shop. He tried to pacify his sister Zahra. She is heartbroken as she did not have another pair of shoes to go to school.  The children knew the poor conditions of their home. Hence they hid the news from their parents. They had to communicate with each other by writing in their note books. But the stub of Zahra’s pencil broke. There was no other pencil or even a stub. Ali offers his own pair of old sneakers until he finds a new pair of shoes for his sister.
The story throws light on the pathetic conditions of Ali’s family.
4. Imagine you meet Zahra the next day on your way to school and talk to her. Write the likely conversation in about five exchanges.       
I : You look so sad. What ails you?
Zahra : I lost my shoes.
I : How did you lose it?
Zahra : Ali kept the shoes in a vegetable shop.
I : Then what happened?
Zahra : A junk collector took them and went away.
I : Didn’t Ali notice it?
Zahra : No, he didn’t. He was purchasing potatoes.
I : Did father come to know about it?
Zahra : No, he didn’t.
I : What did Ali tell you?
Zahra : He told me to use his shoes.
I : How loving he is!
Zahra : Ok. See you.
5. Complete the conversation suitably.         
Zahra : ........(a).........?
Ali : Your shoes are not with me.
Zahra : You didn’t take them from the shop,..... (b).....?
Ali : Not really. I had collected them from the shop.
Zahra : .........(c)........?
Ali : I kept them at the vegetable shop.
Zahra : Oh! How can I go to school tomorrow?
Ali : ..........(d).......?
Zahra : No. I cannot use your shoes. It is too big.
Ali : Please adjust with them.
Zahra : If you don’t bring my shoes,......(e).........
Ali : Please don’t do it. I’ll try to find your  shoes tomorrow itself.
Answer:  a) Where are my shoes?
b) did you? c) Where did you keep them?
d) Can’t you use my shoes?
e) I will tell our father.


6 comments:

  1. Format of Appreciation, narration, notice, conversation, character sketch, are helpfull to study. So that I expect to wanted to next issue.
    By A students India student

    ReplyDelete
  2. Prepare a story map for the story my sisters shoe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Zahra in the screen play my sister's shoes is you are friend & she is so sad knowing she wouldn't get the shoe back.supppose you meet Zahra & talk about it.prepare likely conversation

    ReplyDelete
  4. Describe the pathetic Condition of family on the basis of reading of the seveen Play my sister's shoes.

    ReplyDelete