Thursday, August 15, 2019

ഹൈസ്‌കൂള്‍ പഠനപ്രവര്‍ത്തനങ്ങള്‍ (കേരള സ്റ്റേറ്റ് സിലബസ്) High School Learning Activities (Kerala State Syllabus)

Homophones: Crossword Puzzle
Read the clues and use the words given in the box to complete the crossword puzzle.

Across
1. You can _____ my new friend.
3. We will ____ for the bus to come.
4 The store is having a big _____.
5. She was sick with the ________
6. The ______ mounted his horse
Down
1. My dad cooked the _____ on the grill.
2. They went for a ______ around the island.
3. The baby gained a little ______.
5. We _______ our kites.
7. It was a long _____ and everyone was tired.
Answers
Across
1. meet
3. wait
4 sale
5. flu
6. knight
Down
1. meat
2. sail
3. weight
5. flew
7. night

▲ CAN YOU CRACK THE RIDDLES!-1
1. I am full of holes, I can hold water. What am I?
2. What can be used after it is broken?
3. What has two hands and a face, but no arms and legs?
4. What gets wet while drying?
5. What has many keys but can’t open any doors?.
Answers
1. Sponge
2. Egg
3. Clock
4. Towel
5. Piano
▲ CAN YOU CRACK THE RIDDLES!-2
1. Use the letters of the given phrase and make names of three animals.
‘TALL ELEPHANT OR APEMAN’
2. Can you form a word from the given letters?
A T B Y E U (Do not use hyphenated word, do not repeat any letter)
3. Substitute the word ‘enemy’ in three letters.
4. Which word begins with ‘T’, finishes with ‘T’ and has tea in it?
5. I am pronounced as one letter and written with three letters. I am black in colour. You can read me from both ends. Who am I?
▲ GUESS THE TITLE
With the help of the hints given below, find out the titles of some of the famous books.
1. Transparent Man
2. 12.00 am’s kids
3. Cheerful son of a king
4. A story of two large towns
5. Away with the breeze

Answers
1. Invisible Man
2. Midnight’s Children
3. Happy Prince
4. A tale of two cities
5. Gone with the wind

▲ WORD PUZZLE
Figure out these words by the adding beginning and ending letters.
1. _xistenc_
2. _emembe_
3. _moeb_
4. _ominatio_
5. _nea_

Answers
1. existence
2. remember
3. amoeba
4. nomination
5. knead

▲ WORD SCRAMBLE
Let’s see if you can unscramble the names of the bugs given below.
1. perlitacarl
2. edrips
3. quomotis
4. glubday
5. sprepargosh

Answers
1. caterpillar
2. spider
3. mosquito
4. ladybug
5. grasshopper


▲ CROSSWORD PUZZLE
Down
1. I ______ a dog when I was young.
2. I want a ______ camera.
3. Please come ______ Monday.
4. I ______ at home yesterday.
5. The number ______ comes after nine.
7. Can you ______ as fast as your dog?
9. ______this your book?
10. I ______ a good student.
Across
1. ______ is my brother.
2. ______, it is not.
4. I ______ to school yesterday.
6. Can you ______ a picture?
8. Please come with ______.
9. The cat is ______ the house.
10. I have ______ apple.
11. Please come as fast ______ you can.
12. ______ is a good book.

Answers
Across
1. HE
2. NO
4. WENT
6. DRAW
8. US
9. IN
10. AN
11. AS
12. IT
Down
1. HAD
2. NEW
3. ON
4. WAS
5. TEN
7. RUN
9. IS
10. AM

5 comments: