Monday, September 23, 2019

Seeds and Deeds എന്ന പാഠത്തിലെ കൂടുതല്‍ ചോദ്യങ്ങളും ഉത്തരങ്ങളും

1. Read the passage from the story ‘Rosa Parks Sat Still’ and answer the questions that follow. 
On December 1, 1995, Rosa Parks refused to move - and this transformed a million lives. Rosa Parks had been working all day. Work had been heavier than usual. At the end of the day, there was only one thought in her mind. She wanted to sit down. But it was getting late, and everybody was going home.
Rosa walked to the bus stop and got on a bus. There were many vacant seats. She paid her fare and sat down in the nearest seat. The bus was nearly empty. Rosa felt grateful. Her feet were very tired. She really needed  a rest.
a. How did Rosa Parks transform a million lives?          
b. There was only one thought in her mind at the end of the day. What was that thought?          
c. Pick out the word from the passage which means ‘thankful’?         
d. Pick out a sentence from the first paragraph which contains an adjective.          
e. Read the following sentence.        
‘Rosa walked to the bus stop and got on a bus’. 
Replace the phrasal verb ‘got on’ with the suitable word from the brackets.
(entered, enter, entering)
Answers: 
a. Rosa Parks refused to move from her seat for the white passenger. Thus she broke the  rule. It was a fight for fairness and justice. Her action transformed a million lives.
b. Her only thought was to get a seat in the bus because she was very tired.
c. Grateful
d. Work had been heavier than usual.
e. entered
2. The following are some of the events from the story ‘Rosa Parks Sat Still’. They are jumbled up. Write a paragraph sequencing them in proper order.        
The bus driver got angry.
Rosa Parks wanted to sit down after the heavy work of the day.
She occupied a seat in the bus with the least thought of breaking any rule.
Rosa walked to the bus stop and got into a bus.
She refused to give up her seat to the white passenger.
Answer: 
Rosa Parks wanted to sit down after the heavy work of the day.
Rosa walked to the bus stop and got into a bus.
She occupied a seat in the bus with the least thought of breaking any rule.
She refused to give up her seat to the white passenger.
The bus driver got angry.
3. The boy in the story ‘The Light on the Hills’ is awarded the Best Painter Award for his painting. At the award function he delivers a speech on how his sister inspired him. Write the likely speech.   
(Hints: went to the field to paint - not satisfied - sister expressed her views - how to make people happy - sister passed away - sad - not confident enough to paint - strange power - painted masterpiece)
Answer:  Respected dignitaries on the dais, ladies and gentlemen,
I am standing here with great respect for my sister. I got this award because of my sister who is no more.
When I was a young boy I wanted to paint a picture and for that purpose I went to the field. My sister also came with me. She said comments on my picture. She said that if I drew a picture with hard work and dedication it would be a perfect one.
Now she is gone for ever. After her death I was not confident enough to draw pictures. But after a few years, a strange power came into my mind. Then I remembered  her words. And for her I painted this picture that is called my masterpiece. It was such a picture I wanted to paint when I was a young boy. The same picture gives me a chance to stand here for receiving this award. I dedicate this award to my departed sister.
May I conclude.
Thank you all.


1 comment:

  1. Thank you it was very helpful for me and my friends. Thank You.

    ReplyDelete